OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Contest Timing: The Best Western® “Route 66 Scavenger Hunt” Contest (the “Contest”) will run quarterly starting in February 2016 and ending when Best Western deems necessary. All entries must be received during the entry period.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are Best Western Rewards® members, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Best Western International, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- How To Enter the Contest: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Contest. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Contest Period, you may access the Contest by visiting BestWesternRoute66.com and accessing the contest via the homepage banner. The featured image on the Contest page will be identified by Region. Click through to the featured region to locate the image on the city pages. Once the image has been found, enter the location in white box on the bottom left of the Scavenger Hunt page, along with your name, email address and BWR number, into the registration form below. Each such submission during the Contest Period shall qualify as one (1) entry into the Contest. A winner will be selected at random from all of the correct entries. For purposes of this Contest, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. PT and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT each day of the Contest Period. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on the last day of each contest period. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark or logo or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entrant. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
Entry Requirements: By entering, each entrant understands that his/her Entry, in its entirety or any portion thereof, may, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, be posted on the Sponsor's website or used in any other Sponsor-selected media without notification or compensation, if the entrant is chosen as a winner. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants' online service will apply and are entrants' sole responsibility. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Automated, script, macro or robotic, programmed, or any other automated means Entries will be disqualified. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
- Random Drawings: A winner will be drawn at random during each contest period from all the correct entries. Drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the end of each day or overall. Prizes will be awarded and winners will be notified by e-mail/mail.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Each contest prize will consist of a $100 Best Western Gift Card and 6,600 Best Western Reward points. You must have a Best Western Rewards account in order to use the Reward Points portion of the prize(s). If entry is not a Best Western Rewards member, they will be required to sign-up for a free account in order to be confirmed a winner. Points will be placed into the winners' accounts electronically within 7- 10 days after winner verification. Points are subject to certain restrictions, Best Western Rewards Terms and Conditions, available at bestwesternrewards.com, and an expiration date may apply. Travel Card is subject to certain restrictions and an expiration date may apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions of prizes by winners are allowed. All federal, state, local, municipal and provincial taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners are not eligible to win for the next two contest periods.
- General Rules: Each contest prize will consist of a $100 Best Western Gift Card and 6,600 Best Western Reward points. You must have a Best Western Rewards account in order to use the Reward Points portion of the prize(s). If entry is not a Best Western Rewards member, they will be required to sign-up for a free account in order to be confirmed a winner. Points will be placed into the winners' accounts electronically within 7- 10 days after winner verification. Points are subject to certain restrictions, Best Western Rewards Terms and Conditions, available at bestwesternrewards.com, and an expiration date may apply. Travel Card is subject to certain restrictions and an expiration date may apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions of prizes by winners are allowed. All federal, state, local, municipal and provincial taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners are not eligible to win for the next two contest periods. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or Application may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest or Application, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and select the applicable winners in a random drawing (or random drawings) for the day(s) at issue and overall from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Contest, the winning Nominator/Nominee and all Entrants, as a condition of Entry into the Contest, agree that Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless for any liability, any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Governing Law & Venue: The Arizona Courts (State & Federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the promotion and the laws of the state of Arizona in the U.S. shall govern the same. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and hereby irrevocably submits to the venue of those courts within the state of Arizona in the U.S.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners, U.S. residents, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (Canadian residents, send a 3″ x 5″ paper with your name and complete address), by December 15, 2016, to: The Best Western® “Route 66 Scavenger Hunt” Contest Winners, 6201 N. 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85016 USA, Attn: Marketing Department.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Best Western International, Inc., 6201 North 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016 USA.